There are many people horsing their ideas and predicting that weird things are going to happen. One needs to understand the theme for 2012. 2012 imagination is one thing and the weird events are another. Most of so called weird predictions are just imagination of few twisted minds.
From logical point of view which can be thought there are some pre-announced dates and events which are normal and are going to happen in 2012.
London Olympics will be held in 2012 and the preparations are in full swing. London is preparing itself for this mega event which will give it large chunk of business.
Other big event that may happen is the possibility of another summit on the lines of Copenhagen Summit this year. The reason is Kyoto protocol is expiring in 2012. Before Dec 2012, a new protocol will be presented before the world.
US is going to have presidential elections in 2012. Probable and would-be leaders are preparing themselves for the elections. There is movement in this direction and in may 2012, Mr. Obama can be elected again or there may be new president.
The logical world has no serious plans to focus on doomsday theories which are being circulated all over the world. There is nothing to worry as we see it from now.
The human history has shown that 3 years are not very big time to notice sizable changes on the timelines. There are no reasons to fear. Let people run wild imaginations to the horizons. 2012 is going to look better with newer gadgets and the better world to live in.
It is just a movie. I was fairly disappointed with this movie. I expected movie to tell us reasons for 2012 events.
These are the reasons I did not find movie to be good.
1. Movie does not elaborate on the sequence of events leading to the main theme.
2. It starts happening suddenly that the big day has arrived for no reason.
3. There is no linking facts to Maya Calendar.
5. Movie had everything happening at the same time and suddenly the halt.
6. Movie does not tell you that it is going to happen on December 21, 2012.
7. There is no Nibru Planet in this movie. Theorists would be fairly disappointed.
8. There is no global warming theme.
9. The story simply has many families caught in the events and everyone tries to save them.
10. The love stories and family drama, why you need it to be in a movie which is dealing with 2012.
11. With the established facts, There is no way to reach Himalaya for Tsunami waves.
12. The movie changes theme from 2012 to saving humanity.
13. Poor screenplay and disconnected events put this movie into bad science.
Now comes the real science which makes impossible to have it exactly same or more than that.
1. Any geography or geology student will tell you that events on earth do not happen suddenly.
2. If the earth has depleting crust, the events would be visible much before 2012.
3. It would not happen on a single day if it has to be. Any devastating event will take time to arrive and there must be sequence of events.
The Day After Tomorrow was better attempt than this one.