Chinese rules do not allow more than 20 movies from offshore market to be displayed in the country. Movie 2012 become top earner in Chinese market as well. It has set new record of ticket sales there in china.
Another movie Avatar is supposed to hit cinema halls in China on January 4th 2010.
A big question is that how and why a well hyped movie can also become top earner in very short span of time. The movie is hollow and does not have good material to back it up. That is what critics think. The movie has surprised not only the critics but trade gurus as well. Movie is going good and still public is well interested in it. The movie is still being awaited in many countries. The DVD and home edition is going make another round of good sale volumes all over the world.
A grand movie like 2012 and the talks in Copenhagen, do no have anything in common except climate. It was not expected like this. The movie got dismissal from the leaders of the world and there is no influence of this movie in talks in Copenhagen.
A powerful medium such as cinema needs to have some influence and inspire the actions. But unlike Day After Tomorrow, this movie does not have any value beyond silver screen.
Movie missed the chance to make an impact and it just being portrayed as just the piece of non-sense fiction which has no science in it.
Lets see if something sensible comes out from the talks of Climate summit at Copenhagen 2009.
I have been scanning the news sources for this week but could not find much of content being generated as it was before movie came out. Many people have started to cast the doubts on the Maya calendar and its hype as generated in media.
Was Maya Calendar a creation of few marketing heads at media houses? Looks like so. Why so called experts are silent after the movie. Their silence is really enigmatic and chilling.
Movie did not excite people who were waiting to see something extra-ordinary. Movie was bad attempt at explaining the fiction and it lands in the category of worst science movies ever made.
There is no interest for now in Doomsday theories. All eyes are set on London 2012 Olympic games. There is good new coverage for the biggest games. World seems like to have gotten over the rotten science of 2012 movie.
It is just a movie. I was fairly disappointed with this movie. I expected movie to tell us reasons for 2012 events.
These are the reasons I did not find movie to be good.
1. Movie does not elaborate on the sequence of events leading to the main theme.
2. It starts happening suddenly that the big day has arrived for no reason.
3. There is no linking facts to Maya Calendar.
5. Movie had everything happening at the same time and suddenly the halt.
6. Movie does not tell you that it is going to happen on December 21, 2012.
7. There is no Nibru Planet in this movie. Theorists would be fairly disappointed.
8. There is no global warming theme.
9. The story simply has many families caught in the events and everyone tries to save them.
10. The love stories and family drama, why you need it to be in a movie which is dealing with 2012.
11. With the established facts, There is no way to reach Himalaya for Tsunami waves.
12. The movie changes theme from 2012 to saving humanity.
13. Poor screenplay and disconnected events put this movie into bad science.
Now comes the real science which makes impossible to have it exactly same or more than that.
1. Any geography or geology student will tell you that events on earth do not happen suddenly.
2. If the earth has depleting crust, the events would be visible much before 2012.
3. It would not happen on a single day if it has to be. Any devastating event will take time to arrive and there must be sequence of events.
The Day After Tomorrow was better attempt than this one.